Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Macro: Bee Drinking Nectar 12/52

F/4.5, 1/500 s exposure, ISO 200

This past week I dusted off my macro lens after a few months of semi-retirement and decided to shoot something other than teeth. With the fall weather having arrived, I was hoping that there would be some flowers still in bloom. Luckily there were still some blooming in Boston Common and even better, some bees still hovering around drinking nectar. Having bees around or any other insects around just makes the macro shot more interesting and alive. The other option without any bugs is to have a spray bottle handy to spray the flower, giving it the morning dew appearance. Anyway, this shot took me a while to get because of the combination of the bee not staying still and the fear of getting stung. I think I probably could use a better depth of field to get more of the central flower in focus which I'll try next time.

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro

No comments:

Post a Comment